Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia fantastica [pseudologia fan·tas·ti·ca (fān-tās'tĭ-kə)], mythomania, or pathological lying, is one of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behavior of habitual or compulsive lying. It was first described in the medical literature in 1891 by Anton Delbrueck. Although it is a controversial topic, one definition of pathological lying is the following: "Pathological lying is falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime."

I lie… a lot. I lie about just about anything and sometimes everything. There are some people I don’t lie to but there are some I do. I lie to people to make them like me more. I lie to people to keep them from leaving me. I lie to people to get them to notice me when I’m always invisible. I lie for the fun of it. I lie because I like it. I lie because I hate it. I lie. I just fucking lie.

I’m only now starting to wonder if I’m starting to lose control.

No comments:

Post a Comment